Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
GA KS3 Resource Packs

Author Topic: GA KS3 Resource Packs  (Read 1353 times)

johnnyt

• View Profile
GA KS3 Resource Packs
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
Hi everyone

I am considering purchasing some of the GA's KS3 lesson content, specifically the lessons on India (http://www.geography.org.uk/shop/shop_detail.asp?ID=771). I have asked the GA for a sample but received no reply. Has anyone tried these resources and can vouch for their quality??

Thanks

John
John Taylor
Head of Geography
Moreton School, Wolves
@moretongeog

hbrookes

• GA Events and Marketing Assistant
    • View Profile
    • Geographical Association
Re: GA KS3 Resource Packs
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:25:06 PM »
Hi John,

Sorry you haven't got a reply yet. If you email cporter@geography.org.uk Carole should be able to get you a sample of the material and answer any other questions.

I would definitely vouch for their quality but obviously I'm a bit biased!

Thanks,
Harriet
Geographical Association
@The_GA

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
I have not used the India resources yet, but much of my KS3 makes use of the booklets on China, Moving Stories, British or European?, Into Africa & Climate. They are pretty good but you should be aware that lessons/resources will need tweaking in terms of differentiation and timings. They have saved my department many hours of planning and provide challenging activities.

johnnyt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:30:58 AM »
OK great cheers !
John Taylor
Head of Geography
Moreton School, Wolves
@moretongeog

edge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »
I've used the India pack, the lessons form part of our introductory unit for year 7.  I find the packs a great starting point but often require lots of copied resources, fairly easy to reduce copying demands though if you need to! A lot is covered in the ten lessons, so plenty to spark your creative juices too to extend the ideas.
Head of Geography
Co-Chair of GA Secondary Phase Committee