Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
ArcGIS

Author Topic: ArcGIS  (Read 1561 times)

ads

• View Profile
ArcGIS
« on: September 10, 2016, 09:31:18 PM »
Hi,

I recently bought ArcGIS hoping to use it to present fieldwork data.  It was demonstrated at an Edexcel launch event and it seemed easy to import data from an excel worksheet.  However, I can't work out how to do it.  If anyone can help, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Adam
Head of Geography

GB geographer

• View Profile
Re: ArcGIS
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:41:55 AM »
Hi
Your data needs to be saved as a CSV file rather than XLS format. It will then work - keep the headings on the columns for labelling purposes.
This example might help for volcanic risk on Hawaii
http://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/get-started-with-arcgis-online/

Worth following Jason Sawle @GIS4SCHOOLS on Twitter - he will usually reply to queries like this very promptly.

Alan
Head of Geography at King's Ely (Junior) & freelance geographer - CGeog - OS GetOutside Champion 2018/19

ads

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
Thanks Alan
Head of Geography

AliceWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me by directing me to the contact so I can buy ArcGIS as two of us in my Dept have hunted round the website and it doesn't have any obvious place to buy! Thank you so much in advance for any tips, I'd love to get my Yr 13 and 9s using it for Tectonics. Cheers, Alice

Rob Chambers

• Established Member
  • Head of Geography
    • View Profile
    • Geobytes - Online Portal
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »

AliceWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
Thank you, much appreciated. Alice