Author Topic: Val Vannet, early pioneer of this forum, gets high recognition  (Read 878 times)

Kate Russell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Staffordshire Learning Net for Geography
Val Vannet, early pioneer of this forum, gets high recognition
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:44:48 PM »

Val Vannet, Geography teacher and Deputy Rector at the High School, has been awarded the Royal Scottish Geographical Society's (RSGS) Tivy Medal, a prestigious honour which is given for exemplary, outstanding and inspirational teaching, policy or work in education.

Val was an early and very enthusiastic and committed pioneer of this forum; she helped many teachers with her creative and innovative ideas as well as her wise counsel. Her RSGS award is just recognition for her contribution to geographical education, not just in Scotland but much further afield too.

Full story http://www.highschoolofdundee.org.uk/latest/latest_news/1931_prestigious_award_for_high_school_teacher

Well done Val!!

annn1

• View Profile
Re: Val Vannet, early pioneer of this forum, gets high recognition
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »
Well done Val I have had a lot of materials from Her
Ann

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 07:55:16 AM »
Brilliant!! Well done!! Always someone who offers great advice and support!
@MSTGeography

meg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
Having worked closely with Val over a great number of years firstly via SLN and then with SAGT I am delighted she has been presented with this award from RSGS. Val has, over the years shared so many ideas, resources and above all her enthusiasm for this wonderful subject. A very special lady indeed.  :)

Rob Chambers

• Established Member
  • Head of Geography
    • View Profile
    • Geobytes - Online Portal
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 06:15:50 PM »
Totally agree Meg - she certainly is a special lady and has given so much to the geography community!! Well done Val - you are an inspiration and I can't thank you enough for the help and opportunities you gave me - really enjoyed my time at SAGT :)

anything