Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
New OCR A-level Geography ning?

Author Topic: New OCR A-level Geography ning?  (Read 3951 times)

geog2312

• View Profile
New OCR A-level Geography ning?
« on: April 25, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know if a ning for the New OCR A-level Geography spec has been set up?

I would be interested in sharing resources if anyone else would that has chosen it.

Thanks

Simon

• View Profile
Re: New OCR A-level Geography ning?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:43:22 PM »
Hi there!

I know Mark at OCR is working on this at the moment. Drop him a line and I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in on the latest.

Simon

SEV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:21:56 PM »
Hello,

has anybody heard anything else about the OCR A level ning? I would be willing to share resources.

Thanks

Sarah

Rob Chambers

• Established Member
  • Head of Geography
    • View Profile
    • Geobytes - Online Portal
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:04:48 PM »
I'll enquire for you with Mark and Shelley at OCR - I know it has been discussed.

Judith R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »
A Ning would be so much better than Dropbox or similar as I'm not allowed to put on school laptop. I'm aware that there is a Facebook group but not on Facebook either!
CGeog
Lead Practitioner for Teaching and Learning
Key Practitioner for Geography
@JudithRoberts

Andrew Boardman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 08:39:26 PM »
Hi, I have started up a Facebook page for OCR A/AS Level Geography today on the back of INSET I attended. I spoke to an OCR representative and she mentioned that Shelley is looking at getting funding for a NING. This sounds great, though I would prefer to have an alternative that isn't connected with the board. I hope this isn't duplicating something that is already in place, but I would really value a hub where people teaching the new OCR AS/A Level can exchange ideas, share resources, ask questions and collaborate. I know that 'Nings' have worked for this type of collaboration with other boards in the past, and recognise that Facebook isn't as flexible in terms of threads posting etc, but I am happy to be flexible going forward in terms of a platform. My overarching view is the more teachers who are teaching this spec we have looking, commenting and sharing in one place the better. I will be using Google Drive to share resources, but in many ways I am more interested in sharing ideas, concerns etc. No rules about how much you share. Sorry if you don't have FB. You don't need to 'put anything' on your laptop for Google Drive - is is purely web-based.
Search OCR Geography on Facebook.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:41:44 PM by Andrew Boardman »

Andrew Boardman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 08:57:21 AM »
Also created a Facebook page where people teaching the new AQA GCSE Geography spec can exchange ideas, share resources, ask questions and collaborate.

Search AQA GCSE Geography Teachers Group on FB, or message me here with your email

Andrew Boardman

• View Profile

anything