Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
GeoBytes

Author Topic: GeoBytes  (Read 1529 times)

Rob Chambers

• Established Member
  • Head of Geography
    • View Profile
    • Geobytes - Online Portal
GeoBytes
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »
Some of you may remember if from years ago... but unfortunately I lost it due to county changes in servers about 6 years ago :(  Anyway - I have finally re-written and launching the new GeoBytes just in time for the new term - it is our new online portal www.geobytes.org.uk bringing all our online resources together through a new website. After losing the original a few years it has taken until now to face it. With my new challenge as HoD though it seemed the right time. These things evolve over time and lots to add but hopefully it will continue to grow and grow. The basics are there for launching with students. I am hoping like the last one to gradually add links which will be useful to all geographers hence mentioning it here. I have started a page for 'Teaching Geography' which needs a lot more work but is a start and there are links in the GCSE section to the blog with all the revision resources for Edexcel A GCSE etc. Once I have decided on the new GCSE and AS/A2 specs I hope to be able to develop these parts further as well. www.geobytes.org.uk

edge

• View Profile
Re: GeoBytes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »
Well done Rob, it's soul destroying having to re-do lost work, but you've done a great job!
Head of Geography
Co-Chair of GA Secondary Phase Committee

Rob Chambers

• Established Member
  • Head of Geography
    • View Profile
    • Geobytes - Online Portal
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
Thanks Emma. A long way to go after all I had before but the structure is in place which means it will be easier to add to throughout the year! Happy new term to you :)

Graham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 09:57:32 PM »

Excellent job Rob! You must have worked extremely hard and long hours on this over the summer.
Good luck for the start of the term and in your new role- You will be excellent!.. and congratulations on the GCSE Geography results- very similar to ours.
We have been back since Thursday- catch up with you sometime soon.
Senior Assistant Headteacher.
Line Manager-Newman Sixth Form College
Cardinal Newman Catholic School, Hove
C.Geog
GASQM 'Centre of Excellence'

podders

• @mattpodbury
    • View Profile
    • Online Geography Resources
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »
Nice one Rob. That's a lot of hard work there.

Keep it up!

Matt
Geographer

Stephen A.Schwab

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:14:40 PM »
Good job Rob, thank you. :]
Consultant to the GA.
GA SPC Co-Chair.
National Schools Partnership Consultant.
Teaching and Learning Consultant.

anything