Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
AQA GEO4B result query

Author Topic: AQA GEO4B result query  (Read 1063 times)

edge

• View Profile
AQA GEO4B result query
« on: August 14, 2015, 11:52:34 PM »
I'm pleased with our results so this isn't a moan!

But I've downloaded the individual question marks for my cohort for this paper using ERA on eAQA and when I've totalled their raw marks the result I get varies hugely from the component result they've been given, which is what has been used for the conversion to UMS. To illustrate my issue, I had five candidates who, when I add the question marks, all got 40, but the component result they've got ranges from 33 to 42. When converted to UMS and a then the grade this is anything from a C to an A grade.

I understand scaling, but this isn't that as kids with the same raw mark have got very different marks. Our GEOG3 marks have clearly been scaled - I can see it clearly, how it has been applied and totally understand why it happens.

AQA are looking into it, but I've never seen it before in 10 years of teaching and am struggling to understand the results. I'm incredibly concerned that this could have affected grades and students university places. But also would like to understand what has happened.

Are there any examiners or more experienced teachers who might be able to suggest what's gone on?!
Head of Geography
Co-Chair of GA Secondary Phase Committee