Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
AQA B - Thoughts on the spec...

Author Topic: AQA B - Thoughts on the spec...  (Read 1490 times)

star

• View Profile
AQA B - Thoughts on the spec...
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:03:28 PM »
Hi

Looking at a new spec (I know not the best time with changes coming, but needs must).

Looking a AQA spec B and just wondered what people thought about it - how did the exams go this summer? What is the availability of resources like?

Any comments would be welcomed

thanks

Allan M

• View Profile
Re: AQA B - Thoughts on the spec...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
Edexcel is better IMO

edge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
We (staff and students) loved it as a modular specification, but changed to AQA A when it went linear.  Few resources as its not a popular spec (in terms of numbers) but we produce our own anyway.  Acessible and fair papers at both tiers.  Two pieces of controlled assessment meant we used the last term of Y9 to do one of the two topics for the issue investigation (including the full CA) and then did the other topic in Y11 so we culd submit the better of the two (almost always the Y11 one!).  We miss it but I didn't feel the depth of each topic suited teh linear assessment model.
Head of Geography
Co-Chair of GA Secondary Phase Committee

fred

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 10:29:40 AM »
We used to follow this too and when we did Katherine's website is an excellent source of resources and ideas http://worldlywise.pbworks.com/w/page/15409197/Worldlywise%21
I have also added some of my resources to the TES website (my user name is lrabbetts).
Hope that helps.

anything