Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
Wjec b unit 2b

Author Topic: Wjec b unit 2b  (Read 889 times)

Maddie87

• View Profile
Wjec b unit 2b
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to raise our unit 2b grades and wondered if anyone had a tried and tested writing frame and student friendly mark scheme.

Thank you in advanced

Evlinda

• View Profile
Re: Wjec b unit 2b
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »
Hi
We use the exam board mark scheme and go through it with them- get them to unpick it and get them to highlight key things to achieve the top band.
The exam board advice on how to structure it is:
1. State your choice
2. Say why you've chosen it (and for the top marks they should still acknowledge some problems with it).
3. Say why you rejected the other options. State some pros but say why they are less sustainable than the other.

And we drum this into them!!!

We photocopy good answers and give them out and we have recalled good papers from the summer series to use. I can send you some good examples if you want? I also have a couple of power points I can email aswell.
We also try to work dme tasks into our scheme of work from the start of yr10 and lower down so they get used to the task and what they have to do.

Pm me your address if you want the stuff!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:07:02 AM by Evlinda »
Head of Geography
2nd in charge of Humanities faculty

paulsturtivant

• Established Member
  • @paulsturtivant; paulsturtivant.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
Re: Wjec b unit 2b
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »
CADAC

Choice
Advantages of your choice