Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
Music in lessons

Author Topic: Music in lessons  (Read 1299 times)

blackfriar

• View Profile
Music in lessons
« on: February 08, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone can recommend any quite/calming classical (though it doesn't have to be!) mood music that they have used as background in lessons that the children have enjoyed and responded welt to?  ::)

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
Re: Music in lessons
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
I find Brimful of Asha goes down quite well actually. Not really calming or anything, but most classes actually quite seem to like it and work well to that sort of thing. I wonder if the non-vocal stuff by people like David Guetta would work OK? :-)

One of the Year 11 classes I had last year and a whole pile of kids in it who were really into rock music, so they got a specially done classic rock playlist (Smoke on the Water etc...) which was very amusing. I tend to find louder music is better at that age - they just talk over the quieter stuff.
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

paulsturtivant

• Established Member
  • @paulsturtivant; paulsturtivant.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »
The XX are quite calming and a little more modern than classical. I usually use pinao music as it often varies less in tempo and pitch.
@paulsturtivant;

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »
Yes, XX would be good - quite trendy as well.
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

podders

• @mattpodbury
    • View Profile
    • Online Geography Resources
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 03:21:24 PM »
The world is your oyster with Spotify. Can get the class to create playlists with suitable music.

On a different theme, I do that as part of the IB work with population policies. Certainly some interesting choices for pro-natalist!!

Bon weekend tout le monde
Geographer

edge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
Escala works well. They were on Britains got Talent a few years ago.  No lyrics and calming slightly funky classical tunes.
Head of Geography
Co-Chair of GA Secondary Phase Committee

anything