Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
Marking work

Author Topic: Marking work  (Read 1908 times)

CCannon

Marking work
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »
Once you mark students work and set targets i am looking for some ideas on what people do to get the students to apply their targets and make it obvious to slt that the students have made progress?

I have in the past given students a question in their book that is realted to their target and the starter activity is to answer it, but I am looking for something a bit more long term.

Evlinda

• View Profile
Re: Marking work
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »
At A Level, we have a marking sheet for essays on which the students fill in their targets from last time and then hand that sheet in with their essays and then we write our comments on them.

At both GCSE and A level, they have a sheet in the front of their folders where they can write their targets from each set of exam Qs they do and then we get them to refer to this before doing their next one. KS3 have a similar thing in the front of their books.

I'd be interested in hearing what other people do!
Head of Geography
2nd in charge of Humanities faculty

Gem1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
Hi

We use 2 things, something called feed forward, where students read comments from teachers then reply explaining HOW they will put advice into practice. We also use a marking criteria known as STAR. The letters stand for Strength,Target,Action,Response, the response part is for the student.

polleyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
we have been asked to encourage students to comment on the work they have done using WWW, what went well and EBI ,even better if... statements. Staff also use this when marking books. Students also give an opinion.

anything