Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
Best School Atlas

Author Topic: Best School Atlas  (Read 1436 times)

zcsaa44

• Established Member
    • View Profile
Best School Atlas
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »
Purchasing question here.

Been given the chance to get some new Atlases for my school. What do everyone think is the best ones to get for the students? We currently have about 11 copies of philip's modern school atlas. Would it be best to get some more of these so there is some consistancy of sorts, despite the fact mixed versions atlases always mean students get sent to a page on India and stair at China for ages with no clue why they cannot do the task they have been given.

Allowed a class set which is going to be 20 so we can do one between 2 with some spares for the smelly ones who work alone.

I've always used the oxford school atlas in prior schools but don't want to box myself in because I have done something before, it may not be broke but that doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Also where do you get these things from? I assume Amazon isn't going to be the best deal (although the used ones are quite good)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:03:00 PM by zcsaa44 »

Tris

• View Profile
Re: Best School Atlas
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »
My advice would be to go for whatever is the most up-to-date!
I've always been a fan of the Philips one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Modern-School-Atlas/dp/1849071942/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348661986&sr=8-1
Get 20 of the same edition and put the other 11 in another classroom or something - different editions is just annoying for all involved

I suspect Amazon will still be your friend on price but some of the sellers e.g. Bookpoint are open to haggling but youre really not buying many with 20. I bought 120 and got quite a good deal ;-)

HB100

• View Profile
Re: Best School Atlas
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
Book people had the Phillips one hard back for £3.99 down from £11.99 - search for my thread and recommendation from Katharine  ;D

anything