Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
Giving my Faculty a fresh approach - any advice?

Author Topic: Giving my Faculty a fresh approach - any advice?  (Read 1132 times)

HB100

• View Profile
Giving my Faculty a fresh approach - any advice?
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »
Evening folks!

I have been head of humanities for 6 years now (shesh!) and for the last three years I have been managed the Faculty with two deputies (head of re and head of hist) who have both had worsening health.

They are both now finally being replaced so my days of putting out fires and working with supply may be over - I am getting two new deputies, one for Easter and one Sept.

This seems a great opportunity to have a fresh start and stop doing things just because we do them. I am looking for a new way to lead the faculty with my two new eager beavers. 

The head has given me the chance to visit a few successful Hums Faculties to see different models of leadership and basically steal the best ideas.  katharine - get kettle on!

I was just after some advice - if anyone on here has a happy vibrant Hums Fac and could take a visitor for a morning or day could you please get in touch? 

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would help me see the big picture for a while and renew my positivity - any good models of how Humanities is driven forward - that would be great.

One would run RE and some cross - Fac initiatives, the other would run Hist with other Fac initiatives. 
I will continue to run Geography and have overall responsibility for the Faculty.

Finally, if anyone has any really good 'success stories' could you share please? No matter how small the impact, I seem to finally be getting some time to renew my enthusiasm and think creatively...... This could be dangerous!!!

I hope this makes sense !! :-)

Graham

• View Profile
Re: Giving my Faculty a fresh approach - any advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

You have mail!
Senior Assistant Headteacher.
Line Manager-Newman Sixth Form College
Cardinal Newman Catholic School, Hove
C.Geog
GASQM 'Centre of Excellence'

Victoria

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Geogtastic
Re: Giving my Faculty a fresh approach - any advice?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »
An interesting situation!  No real answers to your question, but will be interested to hear some responses...

anything