Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
extra day!

Author Topic: extra day!  (Read 1406 times)

geojo

• View Profile
extra day!
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
I our school, we have been told that on 29th Feb we can teach whatever we like as it is an 'extra day'! Any ideas?! Some staff are doing lessons in knitting, Welsh and line dancing!

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
Re: extra day!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:37 PM »
What a good idea!

What about window shopping and tea shops? :-)
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

geojo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 08:42:13 PM »
I was thinking etiquette from different countries / and ladette to lady style training!

Plene

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »
What a fabulous idea!
Take your classes outside all day - could you use children/objects/bags to create giant maps and then photograph them from an upstairs window -

make movies about the school

orienteering

disaster scenario school has been struck by earthquake/hurricane they have to build their own shelters link with science - can they learn how to filter water to remove nasty stuff - survival skills

swhitch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »
 ;D Have a day of "Controlled Assessment" ;D the students will just lap it up  and it will free you up to actually spend some time in class teaching during the rest of the year .......... radical I know but Feb 29th does not come around every year make the most of it !
FRGS, FGS, C.Geog.
Head of Geography

anything