Author Topic: Ofsted for sixth form  (Read 2389 times)

NT

• View Profile
Ofsted for sixth form
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:04 PM »
Apparently we had the call last week - being inspected in Jan. I work in the small sixth form of a large college, and only a few depts are targeted - not ours, but we will have several inspectors on the wander..eek! What do I need to provide for my tiny Geog dept (didn't exist last year) just in case? I've only got a few days free over Christmas to sort this out (and loads of marking!).

Allan M

• View Profile
Re: Ofsted for sixth form
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
The only reason to come a see you is to check how well new staff are inducted etc with reference to teaching&learning, middle management. In terms of past data you offer OFSTED nothing. I would think you will be invited to a group meeting of similar line managers to speak to an OFSTED inspector.

Personally, I would concentrate on delivering a good lesson and making sure work is marked.

NT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Trouble is I also teach in established departments. I can't find any info on what they are looking for in a sixth form/FE college. Can anyone help?

NT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
Should have added I also teach BTEC T&T. Trying to get all marking and IV up todate.

anything