Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
New features

Author Topic: New features  (Read 2979 times)

Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New features
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »
In addition to the standard functionality you're used to, the new forum can provide a simple Poll function and I've also just enabled the Calender function for posting events.

If you use the insert image button, you can use image tags to reference images from other websites within your posts.  8)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:28:19 PM by Andy »

stevenreader

• View Profile
Re: New features
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »
I presume that unlike the old forum that we can organise it into different areas e.g. Teaching Resources, Discussions, ICT, Jobs etc...

Can anyone add these sections or is it only admin staff that can do this? It would be nce to organise it like the school history forum so it is easier to navigate.

apoligies for mentioning history!

Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »
I presume that unlike the old forum that we can organise it into different areas e.g. Teaching Resources, Discussions, ICT, Jobs etc...

Can anyone add these sections or is it only admin staff that can do this? It would be nce to organise it like the school history forum so it is easier to navigate.

Boards can easily be setup for specific areas. Creation of new boards is an admin function that I've not had chance to discuss with Kate and Derrick yet.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:39:31 PM by Andy »

David Rogers

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
Am liking the work so far!

Tony Cassidy

• Global Moderator
  • Established Member
    • View Profile
    • Radical Geography
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:15:53 PM »
Andy, can we have profile pictures? Function seems not to work at the present time.
Just a Geography teacher!
Eat, Sleep, Geography (with some R.S. and Citizenship)
Twitter: tonycassidy
Web: http://sharegeography.co.uk/

Tony Cassidy

• Global Moderator
  • Established Member
    • View Profile
    • Radical Geography
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
Sorted!
Just a Geography teacher!
Eat, Sleep, Geography (with some R.S. and Citizenship)
Twitter: tonycassidy
Web: http://sharegeography.co.uk/

benchmarrow

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 09:52:26 PM »
 :)
all looking good so far

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 11:41:21 AM »

Boards can easily be setup for specific areas. Creation of new boards is an admin function that I've not had chance to discuss with Kate and Derrick yet.

Might be useful to have a little subforum or a stickied thread to stick all the details of nings and so on in?
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

anything