Author Topic: The Causes of Global Warming  (Read 8527 times)

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
Re: The Causes of Global Warming
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 09:08:10 PM »
Apart from what it might demand in specs and SOWs another aspect here is when do we kind of say:

'Job sort of done on that one, it's everywhere, let's be the pioneers for the next really important topic - what should it be?'

Ian Murray

Good point - I get the feeling it's increasingly done to death. The reasons for this worry me.
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

davevade

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 08:15:48 AM »
Apart from what it might demand in specs and SOWs another aspect here is when do we kind of say:

'Job sort of done on that one, it's everywhere, let's be the pioneers for the next really important topic - what should it be?'

Ian Murray

The next important topic is getting people to actually do something about climate change, now that we all agree on what the causes are! Any suggestions?

IanMurray

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 09:58:47 AM »
Stay at home more ( says me with an avatar pic from Morocco).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:00:42 AM by IanMurray »

Alan Parkinson

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
Anybody interested in talking to a journalist about the way they teach Climate Change and related issues, and how important it is for young people ? Have had a request to identify some teachers, and no response from a few e-mails sent out so far today...

PM or e-mail me for more details if interested...

Stephen Schwab

• View Profile
    • Visit the New Geography Teacher's Discussion Group by Clicking Here!
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 04:08:53 PM »
 ;)I replied in the affirmative Alan.
This topic fascinates me, one in a long line of ecoissues Geography has embraced.
GA Consultant.
Teaching and Learning Consultant.
GA SPC Member.

phill.monk

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »
" Hi I'm Al Gore, I used to be the next president of the United States of America. "

Best bit of the whole film....after this, it all goes downhill.

I've never seen it - why does it go downhill?

well his stance on the subject is very strong, and he has a good argument for everyone to cut emissions etc however the way he goes about it is just pure boring.

another film to watch if anyone is into showing controversial material is "who killed the electric car" by Chris Paine.

David Rogers

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 08:49:22 AM »
Inconvenient Truth is an excellent film to use in class when looking at how to structure and evidence an argument.  Then throw on the CH4 counter argument doc.

NC says pupils should be able to identify bias and respond to it - most media is very biased so some great resources.

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:43 AM »
The book Kevin mentioned can be downloaded as a pdf for free here... http://www.withouthotair.com

kevincooper777

• Established Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2015, 12:36:50 AM »
Great, thanks Simon, good find :)
I'm lucky enough to be able to basically talk through the issues with my Y9 - though I have also made a powerpoint which goes through many misconceptions students have about global warming and they just have to say 'true', 'maybe' or 'false'...