Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
Spaghetti and Flying penguins - Alan Parkinson

Author Topic: Spaghetti and Flying penguins - Alan Parkinson  (Read 2273 times)

Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Spaghetti and Flying penguins - Alan Parkinson
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:01:34 AM »

Alan Parkinson
Member   posted 31 March 2009 07:04 PM                 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You only get one chance a year at April the 1st...
Agriculture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUvNnmFtgI
Ecosystems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

Anything else planned, or that you have done in the past ?

IP: Logged

pumpkin67
Member   posted 31 March 2009 07:45 PM                 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_iy7SyDJE&feature=channel
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/videohub/esptest.shtml
Looks a fun way of winding up my Y8 tutor group

ValVannet
Member   posted 31 March 2009 08:50 PM                 
I have just done the psychic test on my son - he was so freaked he was jumping up and down shrieking his head off.
Definitely a good but totally harmless prank for winding up an innocent at form time!

goneunderground
Member   posted 31 March 2009 09:59 PM                 
Ah I get it now! I only went and looked at the video first (and got everything wrong!) before I looked at the explanation one

helen
Member   posted 31 March 2009 10:11 PM                 
oh yes!! Can't wait till my year 11s tomorrow

Judith R
Member   posted 31 March 2009 10:31 PM                 
It really does help if you look at the instructions - oh joy!

ValVannet
Member   posted 01 April 2009 11:37 AM                 
We have had a lot of fun with this today - pupils generally fall for it hook, line and sinker!
I am bringing in a list of runners and riders for Saturday's Grand National for some of them to have a look at tomorrow...

[This message has been edited by ValVannet (edited 01 April 2009).]

terryjones
Member   posted 01 April 2009 12:08 PM                 
Got my year 9's a treat today with the ESP and the Penguins before they clicked with the spaghetti video.

Stephen Schwab
Member   posted 01 April 2009 12:51 PM                 
Go to museumoffakes for so many more.

Judith R
Member   posted 01 April 2009 03:55 PM                 
My mixed year 5 to 8 class loved it!
A nice change to nagging them about ties and tucking shirts in.

Paul
Member   posted 01 April 2009 05:02 PM                 
Our IT tech guys put a message on the intranet that googleearth were photographing our school during breaktime today. I went outside and saw lots of stupid looking kids looking up and waving at the sky! lol
Paul www.thegeographer.co.uk

pumpkin67
Member   posted 01 April 2009 08:26 PM                 
Kids loved the ESP test. the mean streak in me decided to save the explanation for tomorrow!

Plene
Member   posted 01 April 2009 08:33 PM                 
Good one pumpkin - wished I'd seen it earlier - just did it on my son - totally fooled!!
Still worth a go tomorrow,

edge

• View Profile
Re: Spaghetti and Flying penguins - Alan Parkinson
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »
Managed to get three classes with the ESP thing - chose one individual who thought they had the mond capacity for it - often nominated by their friends!  Made it even more sweet!  Got one poor girl with the penguins video - she genuinely thought it was real!!  Aaahhhh!  Bless!
Head of Geography
Co-Chair of GA Secondary Phase Committee