Author Topic: DECEMBER 1ST- SLN upload day  (Read 40960 times)

sanandreasfault

DECEMBER 1ST- SLN upload day
« on: November 15, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
In the spirit of sharing and restoring this forum to the collaborative and sharing forum it once was I made a suggestion on another thread to have an SLN upload day- on December 1st.  The idea being we all contribute something- an idea/resource etc and if we all do a little bit of something- it will help all of us.  Katharine has been kind enough to get the 4shared page up and running for this and will post the details (much appreciate Katharine). I've uploaded some stuff on cool geog/winter tourism to get things underway.  Let's all try and upload something- AND be professional when commenting on each others resources :)

1ST DECEMBER (or earlier if you prefer)

Come on guys!!!

Katharine

• View Profile
    • Worldlywise
Re: DECEMBER 1ST- SLN upload day
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:55:33 PM »
I have made a 4shared account that will allow anyone to upload to it. It's 15gb so there's plenty of space for everyone to upload something!

We have suggested that December 1st is 'upload day', but the 4shared account is ready and waiting for your files. It would be great if everyone who reads this thread could upload something on or before 1st December. The URL is  http://www.4shared.com/dir/23579760/3f4bbe5b/SLN_1st_December_2009.html

Please follow these guidelines when uploading:

1. I know this sounds obvious, but name your files sensibly so that people can see quickly and easily whether or not they want to download them!

2. There is no way of telling who has uploaded things to the folder. If you want to put your name to your work, include it in the file name (eg. Ecohouse KS3 project by Katharine). If you wish to remain anonymous, that's fine.

3. If you are uploading a set of resources (eg. a PowerPoint, lesson plan and worksheet that are all used for the same lesson; a scheme of work with lesson plans and resources) please put them in a folder on your computer and zip the folder. You then upload the zipped folder and it makes it much easier for people to download quickly. The resources will also stay together as a package, helping people to use them more effectively.

4. If you download a file from the 4shared folder and you like it, please post here to say thank you. It will only take a few seconds of your time to do so but it will make a world of difference to the kind person who shared the file with you.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:57:34 PM by Katharine »
Head of Humanities
www.worldlywise.pbworks.com - support for the new AQA(B) GCSE
www.chestertoncurriculum.org.uk/geography - departmental homepage

annn1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:03:10 PM »
Many thanks a great idea and I am sure the person who sounded so distressed on Friday will find some of this useful
Hope they feel more positive soon
Ann

Katharine

• View Profile
    • Worldlywise
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »
There is an RSS feed for the shared folder - http://www.4shared.com/rss/f/vmqktkzg - so you can easily see when files are added to the account.
Head of Humanities

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
A great shout! I'm in!

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 04:27:28 PM »
I've added 3 lessons. Just be aware that I couldn't include some of the resources because they are copyrighted. They can be easily substituted for something else.

Katharine

• View Profile
    • Worldlywise
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »
I've just downloaded your flood control lesson which looks great - thanks. I'd forgotten that multimap had that very useful hybrid mode (which you use in one of your slides) so that was a useful reminder. This will be a great resource to use with my somewhat-depleted Year 11 class tomorrow in the run up to the mocks - the more able pupils will be out doing their higher tier maths mock and I'll be working with the less able who could really do with a reminder of how to tackle decision-making answers. And we can revise responses to flooding at the same time. Bargain!
Thanks again,
Katharine
Head of Humanities

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »
It was actually a lesson I put together for an interview, hence the plan is for 30 minutes. It was a bit of a rush as typically I was last and only had 20 minutes after the person before me went a little over her time.....it works well in a 60 min slot though. The starter video was based on Channel 5's "Megaflood" show from their "Perfect Disasters" series. I didn't include it due to copyright. It's about 6MB if you want me to email it...

Katharine

• View Profile
    • Worldlywise
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »
Yes please!
Head of Humanities

sanandreasfault

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »
Thanks for the uploads so far...thanks to the kind person who uploaded the development 'finish the photo' activity- will do this with year 10 as a starter this week- thanks :)

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 05:05:32 PM »
Hope your Y10s enjoy the finish the photo activity as much as my Y9s (and HoD) did. It certainly got a "Wow!" reaction and generated some good discussion. I would recommend gatting the photos laminated if you can and using OHT pens.

sanandreasfault

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
Thanks for the tips- much appreciated!!

Come on folks..upload your resources by December 1st!  Anything you have- any topic!

Katharine

• View Profile
    • Worldlywise
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »
To whoever uploaded the agriculture zip file - thank you! I've not done 'word snakes' before - they'll make a really useful addition to the bank of starter activities I'm developing for colleagues across our Humanities faculty to use. So simple and easy to do, but a great way of revising key vocabulary.
Head of Humanities

sanandreasfault

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
I agree- the Agriculture resources uploaded are quality- thanks mr anon

I've just uploaded a zip folder with podcasts for agriculture (made for AQA A). I sound terrible as was full of a cold !!!! but you are welcome to use them for your year 11s! my year 11s make me listen to myself on their i-pods lol.

Just dont answer the quiz questions out loud- you may embarrass yourself lol

As for the contributions- THANK YOU!!! We now (as I type) have 30 resources uploaded in just a few hours.  If you have uploaded thanks..if not- please contribute one resource/idea- let's see how many we can get by December 1st!!!!!

David Rogers

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »
Top idea. Will make sure that I upload some resources on the 1st

anything