Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/l/learningnet.co.uk/public_html/geography/schools/kingedward/Activ/AS rivers/functions.php on line 272
What has happened to your Woolworths?

Author Topic: What has happened to your Woolworths?  (Read 15700 times)

Judith R

• View Profile
Re: What has happened to your Woolworths?
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »
I have the inside story - they have new management and have a new marketing strategy with many more stores aiming at younger people - smaller sizing etc. Won't go into details, but suffice to say that most shop management have 'left'.
CGeog
Lead Practitioner for Teaching and Learning
Key Practitioner for Geography
@JudithRoberts

IanMurray

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
Half of the Woodbridge one has opened as a Fatface - which on a cursory glance appears to be a retail outlet selling overpriced clothing

Next time you come up to Aldeburgh you'll find half the high street is now about the same as that. I miss the local shops for local people...

Fat Face seem to be on a spree in the East - Beccles and Southwold recently got branches as well.

I was in Aldeburgh a week or two ago - all art galleries and Ladies clothes shops these days. Paid £2.20 for an ice cream! Was only £1.20 at Felixstowe the other day and you get a flake - I went to Felixstowe to photograph the donkeys back on the seafront for the first time in 50 years and was mildly impressed by the air of revamp.

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »
In it's favour Aldeburgh does still have the same butcher it had 16 years ago - taught both girls; I think the grandaughter will be with us in a couple of years :-) Darned good bloke as well...
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

ValVannet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »
The Broughty Ferry (seaside suburb of Dundee) shop is currently being refitted as an M&Co. 
Deputy Head and former HoD Geography
Twitter :  ValVannet

anything