Author Topic: BBC Four "The Weather" Mondays and Tuesdays (20th, 21st, 27th and 28th April)  (Read 4698 times)

helen young

BBC Four seem to be having a 'Weather' season.  They've shown a number of good programmes recently, which can be viewed on the iplayer if you've missed them, e.g. "The Jet Stream and Us" and "Rain: a British Obsession". 

This week, they are showing a programme about snow (9pm on the Monday and 1.15am on the Tuesday) and next week there's one on winds (again at 9pm and 1.15am).

They're a bit long to be showing for the whole hour, but I'm editing down some lovely short clips from them, which are really useful.

ElmoC

I completely missed that! Is there a way to download and keep the shows from the iPlayer? If not, would you be willing to share the broken down clips, or the programme - how are you managing to break it down? Still getting to grips with the video-via-the-internet, so any help would be appreciated. Cheers :D

Blue Square Thing

• What's blue and square?
    • View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
You can't save from iPlayer (not for any length of time anyway - not sure how long the dl p2p version lets you do it for) - strictly a copyvio to even think about doing so: that would be a bad, bad thing to do ;-)
I loved the words you wrote to me/But that was bloody yesterday

Tris

• View Profile
Is there a way to download and keep the shows from the iPlayer?

Yes... illegally. Put it into a google search and you will find a load of easy to use legitimate pieces of software, what you do with them is up to you

helen young

I have a freeview box with a hard drive and USB port so I download it straight from there.  I still have to download the last one from the freeview box (that's the only downside of my system) but when I have I'm happy to burn them to disc and post them to you?

Helen.

ElmoC

I do save shows on my box, and then copy them onto a DVD, but I didn't even realise it was on (I really need to check this section of the forum more often!)! As I often find good shows randomly, which can work, but often not! As I am not the sort of person that illegally downloads shows, principles and the law, your offer is highly tempting Helen! :D

Blue Square Thing

• View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
If it's BBC you might check to see fi there are plans for a fairly quick repeat. Shows seem to come and come back and then come back again sometimes over there.

helen young

I do save shows on my box, and then copy them onto a DVD, but I didn't even realise it was on (I really need to check this section of the forum more often!)! As I often find good shows randomly, which can work, but often not! As I am not the sort of person that illegally downloads shows, principles and the law, your offer is highly tempting Helen! :D

Our email addresses seem to be hidden so I'd better not type mine here in case I'm not supposed to, but if you do want a copy, go to my website (www.geographygeek.co.uk), email your address to me and I'll get onto it.

Regards,

Helen.

Blue Square Thing

• View Profile
    • That Blue Square Thing
Our email addresses seem to be hidden so I'd better not type mine here in case I'm not supposed to, but if you do want a copy, go to my website (www.geographygeek.co.uk), email your address to me and I'll get onto it.

I can see your e-mail address. Tis  on the envelope just over there <-

I can see Elmo's too ;-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:37:52 PM by Blue Square Thing »

helen young

I can see your e-mail address. Tis  on the envelope just over there <-

I can see Elmo's too ;-)

D'oh!  I clicked on our names and it said email address hidden.  I thought that was a bit odd!