Author Topic: GA Conference  (Read 780 times)

GB geographer

• View Profile
GA Conference
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »
Hope to see many of you in Sheffield next week. We have the Teachmeet on Friday night, followed by the Beermeet at the Sheffield Tap. What are you most looking forward to, if you are going?
Head of Geography at King's Ely (Junior) & freelance geographer - CGeog - OS GetOutside Champion 2018/19

Kate Russell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Staffordshire Learning Net for Geography
Re: GA Conference
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:06:19 PM »
Hope to see you too Alan.
Looking forward to  seeing how people celebrate GA's 125 years and to Daniel Raven-Ellison's keynote lecture.

Des

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to the workshop on 'Virtual Glaciers and Glaciated Landscapes' (yes, really). It's the only session I'm able to attend, unfortunately. I'm hoping I'll be there for longer next year.

Judith R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 11:58:16 PM »
Looking forward to meeting up with lots of lovely geographers! Also that great mix of improving subject knowledge and getting inspiration for teaching.
See you there!
CGeog
Lead Practitioner for Teaching and Learning
Key Practitioner for Geography
@JudithRoberts

podders

• @mattpodbury
    • View Profile
    • Online Geography Resources
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
I'll be there (if my flight from Toulouse is not cancelled!). Getting in on Thursday night and going to Dan's lecture. Hoping to get around as many sessions as possible and looking forward to seeing as many colleagues as possible. Will be attending the teachmeet as an observer and the beermeet as an active participant!

a demain....
Geographer

meg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »
I'll be there on Friday - looking forward to Nick's Presidential address, 15 creative ideas for quality geography teaching, and obviously your session at the Teachmeet Alan :).   The first Teachmeet in Manchester was the first one I had attended - great fun

Looking forward to meeting up with lots of enthusiastic geographers as always. I live in hope of finally meeting Tony Cassidy.

Judith R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »
Shame we didn't have a chance to catch up. It's so full on!
CGeog
Lead Practitioner for Teaching and Learning
Key Practitioner for Geography
@JudithRoberts

meg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
It was a shame not to have a  proper chat Judith - as you say lots on and some excellent sessions. I didn't get to meet Tony either as his session was full when I arrived. A great event as always !   I will never look at a window seat again without thinking of Nick's geography club. We came back on the train and each had a window seat :)

anything